Sunday, November 3, 2013

Week # 8

 
 
Week #8 Blog Post: Walking Dead Makeup Tutorial

For Halloween this year I decided to go as a zombie, and scare neighborhood kids with my family. I used this tutorial video as reference and inspiration for my makeup. I've never been the kind of girl to dress as something cute or provocative for Halloween - for me it's just been all about the scares. I love to get a chance to be creepy and not have other people judge me or call me satanic haha. I'm glad there are other girls who embrace the holiday for what it is, and like to be creepy as well. I foud this video incredibly informative and educational - from a visual effects point. I am very much into FX makeup and face paint for kids parties on weekends. This was a chance to branch out my skills and test the waters. I love that the video is straightforward, and gives detailed explanations with what materials to use, as well as a demonstration on how to use them to create the look, as well as before and after pictures. It was a lot easier than it looked and my makeup was a hit this Halloween!

So here's my makeup, in case you wanted to see it because reasons:







No comments:

Post a Comment