Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Week #4


Week #4: Billy Mays Cosplay at AnimeNEXT 2013 - Somerset, NJ

This past June I attended my second con (convention) ever, in Somerset. It's called AnimeNEXT, and its one of the biggest anime/movie/videogame/pop culture conventions in Northern NJ. Lots of people go to shop, sell, hang out, dress up, and just be dorky for a day while being embraced by the culture of people just like them. Cosplaying is the act of costuming and acting like a particular character, game, comic, actor, or pop culture icon. People take Cosplay extremely seriously and its amazing to see what exact and beautifully handcrafted costumes come about every year. This video is about a guy who cosplayed as the late great Billy Mays (from the oxyclean commercials) and its just hilarious. HE SOUNDS JUST LIKE HIM :) I was standing right behind the guy filming this. I costplay myself and went as Louise Belcher from Bob's Burgers - who I'll be cosplaying again next Thursday at New York Comic Con. Picture time :





No comments:

Post a Comment